Hello again!
The coolest thing happened.
Mike has a stethoscope from his first year at PT school, which has been 'set aside' (meaning, taking up space along with our other 'junk'). It has been in our home for 4 years and never used.
Someone told me a few months ago (I am not naming names) that I would be able to hear the baby's heart beat at home using a stethoscope. Of course, I got all excited and immediately go rummaging for this instrument. To my dismay, I was unable to hear a thing. I tried for so many nights, Mike laughed and said it probably would not work at all, ever.
Fast forward to last week: I AM ABLE TO HEAR BRANDON at home with the stethoscope! And I can hear him when he gets the hiccups (about 3-4 times per day!), too. HA! My perserverance paid off! Was Mike surprised when he heard it!!! All my nights of trying to hear Brandon paid off: Mike went from non believer to proof positive we can hear our son (without the assistance of the doctor)!!!!!!
I generally use the stethoscope at night, and it is amazing to hear the hiccups contrasted with his heartbeat, because it is so clear. Until I can hold him, I can listen to his heartbeat whenever I feel like it! I have to confess, though, it takes me about 10 minutes just to locate the sound.... as opposed to my doctor, who takes all of 2 seconds with her doppler.
Speaking of my doctor, I went to my appointment on Monday (I am now on to weekly visits), and lo and behold, I was told I am 1cm dilated. Crazy, right?!?!!? I didn't know I could start this process so soon, but evidently this is normal. And NO, the baby is NOT coming early. The doctor estimates that I will be near my due date. So no one get anxious or all excited, there are still several more weeks to go.
With that said, here is a photo of me taken at my shower March 21st. Don't I look huge? And still 3 to 4 more weeks to go.....................
I am looking forward to seeing my friends in Portland this weekend. I am especially excited that Eileen has offered her time and talent taking some pictures of Mike and I. She's immensely gifted - her Africa photos are amazing. If she can make an elephant look good, I know she can do wonders for me!
omg about the geep.
ReplyDelete